My name is Kristian Salomonsen, and I am originally from Denmark. But I lived 2 years in Greenland as a child. There I developed a strong passion for the outdoors. After finishing highschool in Denmark, I moved to Norway to start studying arctic outdoorlife (friluftsliv) at “Øytun Folkehøgskole” for one year.
After that I moved to Svalbard for doing a one year “Arctic Nature Guide” study programme, which primary aim is to certify guides to be able to guide on tentbased multiday hiking trips in arctic climates at all seasons. Check out the study programme here:
After completing that study with success, I moved back to mainland Norway and started studying archaeology, and in the summers seasons I worked as a glacier guide and instructor, guiding many glacier hiking trips in southern Norway.
From 2014 I spent my summers working as an alpine climbing guide/instructor at Nordnorsk Klatreskole, in Lofoten, northern Norway. Check them out here :
I feel a strong connection with Greenland, and I am looking very much forward to share in many nature experiences with you in the future!
- One year outdoor life study at Øytun Folkehøgskole 2008-2009
- One year Arctic Nature Guide study at university of Svalbard 2009-2010
- Certified Glacier instructor, norweigian standard, 2013
- Bachelor in Archaeology from Norweigian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)2013
- Half year course in alpine climbing/off piste-skiing at NordNorsk Klatreskole, 2014
- Half year course in off-piste skiing and avalanche evaluation at Ski og Skred, 2015
- Certified alpine climbing instructor, norwegian standard, 2015
- Master degree in Archaeology from Norweigian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) 2018